Main | Hero Points - Forum | Sign Up | Login

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Role Playing Games » Pathfinder » Hero Points
Hero Points
JessiDate: Saturday, 29 Oct 2016, 5:41 PM | Message # 1
Marquess / Marchioness
Group: Group Members
We will be using Hero Points.  Hero points will be awarded at the discretion of the GM, at the conclusion of a task, or if your character does something really cool.
Here's the link on how they work.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/hero-points

MichelleDate: Monday, 31 Oct 2016, 7:27 PM | Message # 2
Viceroy / Vicereine
Group: Group Administrator
Cool beans.  Since "Each character begins play with 1 hero point", does that mean we all have one hero point?  Also, do I also get additional points for
"completion of a written character backstory" and "a character portrait' since I've done both for my character and have it posted on the site?

JessiDate: Friday, 04 Nov 2016, 8:58 PM | Message # 3
Marquess / Marchioness
I'm thinking that for the hero points, if you save up enough, you will be able to buy an extra feat.  No idea what the cost of that will be yet.

ChrisDate: Saturday, 05 Nov 2016, 6:45 AM | Message # 4
Baronet / Baronetess
Group: Past Members
Hey, Do I get a hero point for completing a journal entry, a portrait and a backstory?  How about another one for being a privileged white male?

Just being very sarcastic and playful on both counts. No offense intended to anyone.  Enjoying the start of the game even though our merry traveling party got off to a rough start.

JessiDate: Saturday, 12 Nov 2016, 10:39 AM | Message # 5
Marquess / Marchioness
For the time being this is how I see Hero Points working for us.  Please note I reserve the right to adjust the price of the Hero Point 'Buys' in the future since this is really experimental.

1HP -  reroll.  You can spend 1HP and can either reroll youself or force an opponent to reroll
10HP - Effect a small detail in the story line that is relevant to your character.  For instance by spending 10 HP when you enter a new town someone in the town may have specific information that you are looking for in the form of a rumor or experience.  For example they will be a master weapon designer so they have  the experience to design a new or more advanced version of a weapon, or meet a person in town who may have some specific knowledge on a subject that is important to the team such as a secret way into a castle or cave.  Players can combine hero points for this if they like.
15HP - buy a new feat.  These can only be bought when you level up.  No combining hero points between players.

If you are -5 HP and it is time to level up your character remains the same level.  At the time you do not level up your deficit of -5 HP is eliminated and your HP is set to 0

Message edited by Jessi - Saturday, 12 Nov 2016, 10:05 PM

JuanDate: Wednesday, 16 Nov 2016, 10:37 PM | Message # 6
Knight / Dame
Group: Past Members
I posted the thing on the stuff!!!

Forum » Role Playing Games » Pathfinder » Hero Points
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright dragone69 © 2024   Make a free website with uCoz